Friday, April 26, 2013

Valentine's Day Blind Date


          I listened to his voice over the line. I didn’t hear what he said. I felt it. Tones full of energy and light. Smiles and lips. I could…feel his lips as a part of his message. His voice was filled with promise and delight. He was black. I could tell by that tone. You know that big beautiful melanated tone we have over the phone. Its something deep within the diaphragm that utters a native frequency that sends an alert…ahem….for me to flirt. So! I sent him a message right back. Yeah I’m here and you sound cool as hell , I been workin all day I need massaged well. My body is brown and I’m so down. I even waited for my baby daddy in jail, I gave him 250 when he needed bail. I took out the dogs and collected the mail. Oh…that’s too much information on our first phone conversation.(me) What you doing anyway? On this phone so late. He told me about his travels and how he marvels at the world. And how there's so much more our there that he wants to unfurl…with this girl? Boy please, gon and send me a text. See If we can hold these good vibes from one day to the next. 
       I texted in the shower, and he texted on the street. I texted by the hour and wished that we could meet. He looked me up on Facebook and said how good I looked. Now I didn’t look him up, if I like his personality, why should I be shook? I didn’t know when I would see him next. But it was actually initiated by a text. We danced around the topic of Valentines and such. But I had to cut him off, he was talking too much. "Sure I can come over." 
       I arrived at the front door and remember I still don’t know what he looks like I coulda looked him up but look at the level of excitement and anticipation! We live in a nation where our questions are answered in immediate manifestation. But I had to be patient and use my other senses. Ones that no camera pic would hide with defenses.  After one minute or four. He still hadn’t come to the door. Then I turned by back to start down the walk…but that’s when I heard the lock. I stopped. And waited for the voice that I knew. He said you gonna give me the back of the head view? I couldn’t turn around yet but I giggled too. He turned himself too so we could be back to back. I peeked and took a look and this brotha didn’t lack…in the back…he was built like a tall stack…it was gonna be hard, not to let him break my back.
       So on the count of three we turned around and gave a big hug. So this was the dude on the phone that I dug. This is the man who deserved my valentine delight. I made sure he was okay with me staying spending the night.
        We walked upstairs and into his room. I was dressed in red and his shorts were blue. He said he wanted a massage, and normally I would dodge cuz I wait on no man, but I helped him take his t-shirt off. Squeezed the oil in my hand. "I'll warm it up if I can." I started to rub down the back of this big black man. Shiny fingertips and few deep breaths allowed us to let down our guard and give the judgments a rest. We were too adults, employed and alone. We braved it all the way to this point from a message over the phone. It just happened to be Valentines, who would have thunk? We were the perfect remedy to get out of that funk. We laughed and shared stories of dates gone bad and the things we wish we had done. We just admitted that we hadn't found the right one. I shoved my thumb, down the center of his spine and squeezed his obliques to let him know massage time was mine. 
      I remember collapsing over an armrest it was no contest, his fingers were the best. He was polite and didn't reach for my chest. He gave a mean collar bone rub I will never forget. These strangers in the night look like they might! I mean he's grown and I'm grown, and there wouldn't be a fight. But I don't care how hot it gets...I'm not gonna let my self get weak on the first night. But..I'm still sleeping here aight? The hours of touching subsided and by the rules we abided we slept cuddled up. Hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. "Boy you better move your hand." That wasn't part of the plan. This was one hard night for a grown black man. He sighed and and respected the queen of his dreams. We mentally connected, as innocent as it may seem. Neither of us felt rejected we woke up as a team. We conquered temptation and learned what love really means. Its not about a rose, or a holiday theme. It's about mutual respect for one another, leaving the rest up to our dreams.

#hoteptheartist
#peacenswagg
#universalartist

No comments:

Post a Comment