Sunday, May 19, 2013

My True Story pt 1


(9am)I’m not gonna be preaching today. Not tellin you what I think God told me today. I’m not above you I’m just along your way. However you scrolled down today. My status happened to pop up and you read what I had to say. Some via twitter and some on the book. Any form if media is cool cuz it’s a chance that I took. Every status I write I know I’m sharing a lot. I made them public so the world can be healed by what I got. This is part of my life’s work, I’m trying to do this here forever. I’m up here playing with clever sayings, I got so many ideas and plans but I could be staying home. Watching the tv I pay for. But I’m getting rid of that thing. It tells me that I got the time to pray more.  And face floors prostrate thinking about my next piece. It’s that meditative status that nobody reads. Selfish with feeds. Yeah I should be in a book. I’ve got work you haven’t seen self publishing’s a good look. These are just words that come to me anytime I sit down. I don’t have to summon gods and queens for a line to come around. I know my value and my worth and I hope to inspire earth.  I will never be silenced no matter how hard tries the church.  Yeah I’m a church girl some people know me from Covenant, Some know me from the North Hills, South Hills, Beltzhoover, loving it. But for all you know I could be in Atlanta, sayin what up to Sean Bankhead my homeboy and successful  dancer. And Durrell. I’m watching these brothas excel. I’m mover too, some call me a shaker as well. I never ever kiss and tell it used to get me trouble. I liked me some church boys so I was always discovered. In the dark, with sharp young handsome boy. I just wanted to hold hands and lean in to a boy. Closed eyes romance and close dance with a boy. One of dem boys gave me a bundle of joy. Candace was now pregnant with a boy. Avoided church back then cuz they could see my sin. I wore my sex in front me while they could hid it within. We always say sucks to be them… I started at 150lbs back then Senior year of high was when we conceived him. I didn’t know for months. I just kept seeing chunks…of weight…oh great…again! My period is late! So I finally bought the thing and peed on  the stick. I capped and handed it to my boyfriend and we both cried quick…He said, I’m gonna marry this chick. My parents did sit, across the living room on the sofa thick. We told them about it. My mother was hit. But she said she figured it. Mamma know’s best, dad didn’t wanna picture it. So we dicussed…we were gonna rush it…Get married while pregnant so it could be legit…but who says what’s the legit…he healthy. That’s it but we did it…went to school got married and worked it. But all the while stressed and raising our first kid. No…a child. I was studying, eating Buffalo wild wings… things that wasn’t good for my mind or for my body. I didn’t work out and my body was lookin shoddy. My husband and I didn't try like we otty. They day he left that night I got no rest. I was 215 15 pounds of useless flesh. I was sexy as hell my bra size I wouldn't tell. I would just keep going to Gabes because my size they did sell...but he took the car...and his income out of the crib...so I had to walk with my 3 year old so that's what we did. Got the bus and the gitny that used to always miss my house! I swear he would pull off every time I just about to come out!...any how. I came down because of a lifestyle change. Its amazing what you can find to cook when you don't have no change. I never qualified for stamps so I had to budget. So thats why now I feel shaky about a nugget. I was too chicken to spend...I'ma say it again. I was Too Chicken to Spend so I saved my cents. 

I got a financial advisor who didn't cost me anything. He sat me down one day and divided up my earnings. I was learning. From a friend of a friend who was a godsend. There are clues around you, you just have to be a friend. So I changed my whole life and I thought I might start a couple of businesses of my own to keep the money flowing right. And I knew that nothing was just going to happen over night. oh yeah I can remember the sight, the pounds as they came down. 193. 180 175. Man that one was jive. I remember that damn 175. I couldn't do nothing to break that 175 but when I challenged with the biggest loser at work I came alive. Didn't win the money but its funny how things work. I was down to 161 and to me...money...that was worth. 

I was hiding my story under pounds...it was the same...cuz all this size 16 frame wasn't thinking about fame. Or performing I was just happy at home. Raising my boy on my own. That was until I was shown...by my Sister.. Bridgette Perdue about this life anew. Where I could go on stage and say whatever I want to you....I didn't know they could grade you...but I made it a second round. thats when Kelli Stevens Kane to me was found. and I met Khepri Nafre and Jeremy Moore and Adam J. Keene won for his fascinating folklore...it was awesome. and I was confident I was fit in front of others...and this poetic path was meant...

To be...

continued. 

Hotep (9:44am)
Twitter
IG
Tumblr 
Gmail
Youtube
@hoteptheartist

#universalartist
#peaceneswagg
#pittsburghart
#weightloss
#lifechange
#makemoney
#teamincomestreamz
#universalmime

No comments:

Post a Comment